PLŪKT Nordic Herbal Teas
The story of PLŪKT
The brand comes from Prauliena parish, located in North-central part of Latvia, a country in Northern Europe. It is surrounded by mesmerizing Nordic meadows and forests, and in the midst of all the scenery, PLŪKT tea house is based. PLŪKT team believes that one can grow big from any place in the world, as today their organic teas are exported to 19 countries around the Globe. By introducing the world with herbal teas from the meadows and forests of Northern Europe they proudly call themselves the pioneers of Nordic tea culture.
What is PLŪKT?
Above all it is quality, sustainability and authenticity. PLŪKT is a premium specialty Nordic tea brand for joy, wellness and authentic soul.
Teas are hand-picked, and the brand name PLŪKT is a word in Latvian which means Plucked in English. It is phonetically and by meaning similar to the same word in Dutch, Swedish and Danish. Also, when you take a tea bag and place it in a cup full of hot water, it makes a little splash and a sound of “PLŪKT!”.
PLŪKT – 100% natural, certified-organic premium teas, and from sourcing tea to packaging, their actions are environmentally-conscious.
Here is their commitment:
- They take from the nature and make a positive value of it and for it.
- They create sustainable, innovative and science-based products.
- They preserve the diversity of plants in their meadows and forests.
- They provide additional source of income to farmers in the local area and to people who cannot land a full time job.
- PLŪKT manufacturing is sustainable from A to Z.
- Their tea is hand-picked from wild organic Nordic meadows and forests.
- PLŪKT tea is naturally-dried by using sun and wind energy.
- All of their packaging can be reused and recycled.
- Their teas are GMO-free and caffeine-free.
- They are the first in Northern Europe to serve herbal tea in biodegradable teabags. They are plant-based, can be composted naturally and do not emit plastic particles in your drink.
About the mother/daughter co-founders of PLŪKT:
Līga has very strong science-based knowledge of herbs and up to 20 years of experience in the field. She has devoted her life to tea, environmental sciences, nature conservation and sustainability projects. Līga develops technological and scientific base to implement innovative and lean manufacturing processes of PLŪKT teas. Unique tea blends and recipes are created to provide variations and Northern tea rituals around the world.
By gaining vast experience in Asian market, they discovered an opportunity window in premium specialty tea niche. Although tea market is often characterized as traditional, concentrated and sophisticated, unique business model was developed to provide premium specialty tea of Northern Europe. That was the beginning of PLŪKT.
Māra, since the very early age, was taught to think of nature as one of the greatest values of life, and from there comes the mindset of sustainable and caring actions towards the environment. After gaining business education in Latvia, Austria, Sweden, China and Finland, and in search for a business venture, it was important for her to build something sustainable and related with natural values. She founded PLŪKT at the age of 21. Māra has been acknowledged as the young entrepreneur of the year and has made sure that PLŪKT Nordic teas are available in 19 countries. Māra takes care of business development and export management, and loves to share the story of PLŪKT and entrepreneurship on international stages.
With PLŪKT they wanted to create something meaningful that doesn’t do any harm to nature and people. Their aim was never to create just “another product” in the world. Their drive was to create something that will keep our environment and the local area of Madona natural. Something that will benefit people all around the world.